EPFL, Lausanne - Room DIA004
29th January 2020
Prof. Marco Sangermano, Dr. Yves Leterrier (LPAC-IMX-EPFL), Dr. Sara Dalle Vacche (Politecnico di Torino) and Dr. Eric Nouzille (Sicpa SA) will hold a course on Science and technology of UV-induced polymerization at EPFL of Lausanne on January 29-31, 2020 (Room DIA004).
The course presents the main classes of photopolymers and key factors which control photopolymerization. It explains how to select the right formulation and optimize processes for a given application. Standard and novel characterization methods, new materials and new applications are also presented.
- Introduction to radiation processing
- Fundamentals of free-radical systems
- Components of photocurable formulations: photoinitiators, monomers, additives
- Analytical methods: state of the art and new developments
- Structure-property relations in UV curable polymers
- Advances in UV-induced polymerization research
- Application to UV inks and coatings, nanostructures and devices
More information on https://moodle.epfl.ch/enrol/index.php?id=15529